A Little of this . . .and a Little of That

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Sometimes, no matter how long we plan - things just don't go our way.

Yesterday my hubby left for a 5 day hunting trip.  Perfect.  I had so many plans!  What should I do first?  Quilt? Rubber stamp?  Clean out that closet I can never get to, because he is in his chair and I can't throw all of my clothes over him (lol).  Hummm

I had a friend come over to visit, and we had to go in the back yard because killer dog wouldn't let  her enter my house.  It was great.  I noticed my plants needed some water, so I watered them.  I was just putting around.  I tried to start my dishwasher.  I like to get the water hot first.  I had the water on for longer than usual, and no hot water!  

I went downstairs to see if the hot water heater was working - and I had a fountain shooting out of my washing machine!  Or so it seemed.  Luckily I know where the water valve is to the house, so I shut off all of the water.  We had 2 inches of water all over the basement - well in 3 rooms.  I called any hour services and they sent someone out within the hour.  

Guess it wasn't the first time he had seen something like this.  He had to replace the hoses to my washing machine.  He also called out a disaster company.  That company was out within the next hour.

After turning off the water, some of it actually went down the drain, but AllPro Services brought in a water vac, some big fans and gave me an estimate of what it will cost to get the basement back in order.  I have so much fabric and rubber stamps.  The water saturated all the cardboard boxes. I have been "running" up and down the stairs putting what I can into the garbage cans.

I have a knee replacement scheduled in a month, so the stairs have been doubly fun.  I am so thankful for plastic containers.  Anything in those don't have a problem.

I have bolts of fabric stretched across the deck.  It looks like a big festival is headed my way.

I'm trying to be a mature adult about this.  I decided to NOT call my hubby, and ruin his hunt.  If he is lucky, he will get a deer - and have no other worries.

Life - it's not for the faint of heart.   



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home