A Little of this . . .and a Little of That

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Our tradition is to make corned beef and cabbage.  It's such a simple thing.  I was telling one of my friends at work how I make it.  She had never done it, but will try it today.

I use 1 - 2 cabbages, depending on how many people will be eating it.  I slice the cabbage in half, take out the core, and slice into 1/2 inch slices.  I layer it over a steamer in a large pan.

Chop up a few red potatoes - also in 1/2 inch slices and put over the cabbage.

Open a can or two of corned beef and place over the potatoes.  Steam with a couple of cups of water until the potatoes are cooked.

Serve with lots of butter, salt and pepper.

Yummy!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home