A Little of this . . .and a Little of That

Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016

What a year!  I've read some people are going to stay up, just to see that 2016 goes away!

I must say, it's been challenging.  It's been 15 months since I was in the accident at Texas Roadhouse. If you are reading this, and are interested -- September 2015 --a waitress backed up so quick, all I could do was back up, too, and my shoulder hit so perfectly on the corner that it dislodged my S C joint.  I ended up in emergency 3 times until I was admitted to ICU for 10 days.  I had 3 different infections, and I couldn't tell you 1 thing that happened in those 10 days.  I had a feeding tube and IV lines in both of my arms.

I spent another 3 weeks in the hospital.  I had to do physical therapy, speech therapy and had a wound vac inserted into my neck-shoulder to relieve the infection building up in my body.  

I was on an IV medication that had to be administered every 8 hours.  My hubby had to do it for a few weeks after I left the hospital, too.  We did this for a couple of months.  I also had to go and have the wound vac dressings changed every three days.  

Thinking back a year, I am in much better shape now.  I am very blessed that so many great people have taken such good care of me. Heavenly Father has watched over me and blessed me so much.

I have been in massage therapy since I ran out of visits with a physical therapist.  The massage therapist has done wonders with my left arm and hand.  I had hair past my shoulders which I chopped off so I could try and take care of my hair.  

I slept so much when I came home from the hospital.  I know I'm getting better because 6 hours of sleep gives me what I need. Sometimes I still need to sleep a little more.

I've been back to work for this whole year, mostly 40 hour weeks. I'm almost normal.  (LOL)

So . . .  good-bye 2016

Welcome 2017!!  May the best things happen to you this year.

Good health to us all.



1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home