A Little of this . . .and a Little of That

Thursday, November 26, 2015

So - we worked on my mom's house, cleaning out stuff, throwing away stuff, fighting over stuff.  

Two months later I had an accident at Texas Roadhouse.  A waitress backed into the space I was walking in, and I backed up to avoid hitting her.  Unfortunately, I backed into a post and hit the top corner of my left shoulder.  It hurt, and for a few days I complained about the pain.  It loosened the front of my collar bone, too.

We tried to see an orthopedic surgeon, but saw his PA instead.  She gave me all of the wrong things for a diabetic.

I ended up in ICU for about ten days - ten days in which I remember NOTHING.  I guess I did some crazy, weird, funny things there.  I got a blood infection, staff infection, UTI and a yeast infection.  My kidneys shut down.

They wanted to put me on dialyses, but my hubby wouldn't let them.  Eventually, I got a little better.  I got good enough that I could be moved to the eighth floor for the next five weeks.

When I finally came home I had a wound vac.  A cardiologist put a nice slice in my chest to try and get the infection out of my body.  Even at the end of November I'm still on antibiotics.

I got the vac removed and this week, the doctor said my wound is healed!  I still have some problems from the accident.

Good news is, I'm getting better and stronger every day.

Never take life for granted.  Your life can change in  second.

September 2nd, 2015 - a big life changer for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home