A Little of this . . .and a Little of That

Saturday, December 20, 2014

    My hubby had a craving for caramel corn.  We looked at the mall - they had some, but for $6.50 -I told him I could make him 10 times that much for $6.50!!

     I made a batch - he wanted to give some away for Christmas.  I made three batches total, and will probably make a couple more before the big day.  I used almonds in one batch, pecans in the last 2 batches.



                     Baked Caramel Corn

6 quarts popped corn

1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar - I like dark brown
1/2 c corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt


Mix butter,sugar syrup and salt together, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.  If you want to add nuts, add them to this mixture.  Boil for 5 minutes without stirring.

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla

Remove from heat and add these - soda and vanilla.  Mix this into popped corn and stir well to coat everything.  I mix it all in a large grocery bag, and clean up isn't bad.

Divide into 2 large pans.  Bake 250 degrees for an hour, stirring it every 15 minutes.

Keep in a tightly covered container.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home